- Welcome to Prairie Lake Improvement Association!
Prairie Lake is located in northern Minnesota, west of Hwy 73, between Floodwood to the north and Cromwell to the south. Abundant native wildlife and natural forests surround Prairie lake.
Who We Are
Members of PLIA are home, land, and family cabin owners on Prairie Lake. All are welcome to join!
The purpose of the Association is to preserve and support responsible lake use, water quality, and aesthetic shore land management for today and future generations.
Our members monitor water quality, water levels, fish and wild life habitat and promote safe recreational boating. We also monitor aquatic invasive species to determine their presence. Active since 1964...
- Place buoys at most shallow areas
- Participates in Big Sandy Area Lakes Watershed Management Project
- Maintains a Directory of property owners and their home address
- Member of Minnesota Lakes and Rivers Advocates
- Adopt a Highway
- Provides a forum for property owner interests, education, issues and activities
- Holds two public meetings each summer
Memorial Day Weekend & Labor Day Weekend Sunday 1:30 PM at Fine Lakes Town Hall